Thursday, January 31, 2013

Crafty

I might be a tad obsessed with making wreaths. 

my first one i made was for halloween

the second was for christmas


and now i give you 
my winter wreath

the other two i took from ideas on pinterest, but this one, i created on my own
i'm a tad proud of myself for it.

so here is what i did.

i first started with two things of warn to wrap around my wreath.
(i use the green styrofoam one you can get anywhere)
i picked a mint and light grey


Second, i hot glued the strand to the back so they would stay put when i started wrapping.
now, this task is very time consuming,
on my christmas wreath, i only used one strand so it was much easier
since i was using two strands, i had to keep them from twisting

i wanted the two colors to be alternating.
basically, this was the effect i was going for

so you keep wrapping it around until your arms get sore from holding the yarn up...
just me?
(note to self: lift more weights)

then i got some little wood snowflakes from michaels for like 30 cents,
painted them white
and hot glued them to my wreath.

here is the final product


What do you think?
What are some of your favorite crafts?

1 comment:

  1. ahhh i really need to make a wreath for our house, dang it.
    i suck at being a domestic wife. haha.
    this winter wreath is so cute!

    K

    ReplyDelete